Wednesday, April 09, 2008

New Stones album

As expected, following Monday’s release of Shine A Light, the new Stones double CD, you simply can’t escape the Glimmer Twins: they’re all over the airwaves and the High Street.

As always when you get a new Stones product, Jagger& Co are dominating the media agenda and on this occasion they’re aided and abetted by the powerful Scorsese publicity machine.

I’ll be attentively recording/watching the promo, Rolling Stones: Shine A Light Movie Special on ITV1 at five past midnight on Saturday/Sunday night.

But I think I’ll give the new album a miss, even at the £10 supermarket price. I know from experience that it’ll be available at £5 in six months time. There’s nothing on the new release shouting “buy me, now”. And I’ve already got eight official live Stones albums - more than enough.

Album tracks:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down The Line
Loving Cup (with Jack White)
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne And Reefer
Tumbling Dice
You Got The Silver
Connection
Sympathy For The Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Paint It, Black
Little T and A
I’m Free
Shine A Light



Gerry Smith