Friday, January 18, 2008

Coming very soon - Morrissey Week in London!

Morrissey, one of the most revered of rockpop artists in his native land, returns to London next week with a six night residency at the recently reopened Roundhouse. Watch this space for the exclusive Music for Grown-Ups concert review - I’m due at the Wednesday gig.

I expect the setlist to include a sizeable selection of the songs on Greatest Hits, Morrissey’s first compilation from his post-1997 releases (tracklist below), due on 11 February. Plus some earlier solo material and the odd Smiths classic.

Greatest Hits tracklist:

1. First Of The Gang To Die
2. In The Future When All's Well
3. I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
4. Irish Blood English Heart
5. You Have Killed Me
6. That's How People Grow Up
7. Everyday Is Like Sunday
8. Redondo Beach
9. Suedehead
10. Youngest Wat The Most Loved
11. Last Of The Famous International Playboys
12. More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
13. All You Need Is Me
14. Let Me Kiss You
15. I Have Forgiven Jesus
16. Alma Matters

Whooppee! I can hardly wait. Rave on, Mozza!


Gerry Smith